11/27/2017

An Open Letter to Chester Bennington

I know I came late to your fan base and that you're already gone, but that's not going to take away the words that I have to say about you and your beautiful soul. I know that your music has impacted a lot of people all over the world; I know that a lot of people wish that you were here and miss you, myself included. Every time I listen to your music, I can't help but feel those tears forming not just from your struggles, but also out of loss.

I hope that you're resting well and that you're not in pain. If you're in heaven, then I hope that you're able to see and watch over your family. Your wife, kids and parents are in my thoughts as I'm sure that it's not easy for them to live on without you. Your life was more precious than you could even care to see, and so many people cared for you despite any hardships you went through.

People can be hypocrites and it's easy for us to not reach out until it's too late; that's probably one of the most unfortunate facts about society. I wish that that would change because people like you need to know that they are heard and that their voice matters. Mental illness is something that I will always speak up about because it's a very real and important matter that should be handled with patience, compassion and understanding. This worlds needs more people who carry those traits because life is too short to dwell on the negatives of life, and I know that you were someone who's tried to be like that.

We all know that life isn't meant to be easy, but giving up or committing suicide shouldn't be an option. And as hard as it is to believe for some people, that pain you're carrying will cease eventually and you'll live to see the light at the end of the tunnel- you just have to keep fighting and try to hold on.

A big thank you to Chester and Linkin Park for making such great music for anyone and everyone to listen to. Every song is a story of its own and it's easy to see how deeply the lyrics resonate for some people. It's amazing how this band continues to remain successful and gain more followers even months after Chester's death. So while this goes without saying, you are and will always be a legend and an inspiration to those who need it most.


No comments:

Post a Comment