3/08/2018

Believing in Yourself vs. Living an Honest Life

I don't like getting cliche, but I think it's time I address the reason behind that. Life isn't all black and white; not every problem you face in life is going to have a clear solution. If there's anything I know about myself, it would be the fact that I prefer to real, honest and practical in my thoughts.

Confidence has been a struggle for me for as long as I can remember. As much as I like to help other people find their own self worth, sometimes I feel like I fall short on believing in myself. Certain people and events can make me feel weary and doubtful in my own instincts, but despite that, I still try my best to trust what my better conscience is telling me.

Another thing I know about myself is that I don't like hurting other people's feelings unless someone has already done something to hurt me. It takes a lot for me to lose trust and compassion in someone, but whenever that does happen, you can best bet that I'll start to change around you. If there's anything that you need to be worried about, it would be my silence.

Life isn't meant to be easy and sometimes, love can feel like hell. I've learned a lot about myself and what I value most when it comes to relationships. I know I'm not perfect and I know my faults; I just have to remember to not get too caught up in the negatives and treat myself with love and kindness. I have to remember that even if I don't feel that way about myself, I can always count on my boyfriend or other friends to pick me up when I need it most. My family may not fully understand me sometimes, but I know that they still love me regardless.

For as long as I can remember, I've always thought that it was necessary to just let those cliche sayings be what they are. People say all the time that we should just believe in ourselves and not give up on life. People say that we all have a choice in how we want to live our life, and while there might be a little bit of truth in that, I still don't think it's necessary to preach it all the time. I just want to live a more authentic life and just be genuine to who I am. I'd rather just live my life with no extra embellishments because then, I'll be able to see everything I am and do my best to work on improving my weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment