10/23/2019

Accessories Tour + Updated Handbag Collection

I wouldn’t say a lot of changes have been made, but I have been slowly adding new pieces as well as decluttering other pieces from my jewelry collection in the past few months. I used to have a much larger jewelry collection, but since applying minimalism to my life, I’ve found that less really is more when it comes to styling with accessories.

One new piece that I’ve added is a gold pendant necklace from Ana Luisa. I also bought a couple new bracelets that are more practical for me to wear. One is gold with a simple tree design, and the other is a silver bangle. I also own three watches that I rotate through pretty regularly (1 gold, 1 black and 1 analogue blue watch).

Necklaces are my favorite way to accessorize, but I tend to keep things pretty minimal in that area. I have one necklace with my initial on it as well as one with an O-shaped pendant. Both of these have a gold chain, but the pendants themselves are engraved with a mix of silver and gold materials. I also have a pearl necklace that was gifted to me by my sister. A lot of what’s in my collection has been gifted to me from different family members, actually. The ones I’ve bought for myself are a Tennessee-state silver necklace, a black one with a stone-like colored pendant and of course, my Ana Luisa pendant necklace. The rest of what I have will be on my Instagram.

I only have one ring which is silver that’s easy to slip on and off, and if I’m being honest, that’s probably as far as I’ll go with “hand candy”. I also have a small collection of earrings that I’ll sometimes wear. Some of these earrings are ones that have been gifted to me from family members. The ones I’ve bought for myself are a pair of turtle earrings from a shop in Florida, a set of 3 stud earrings from Express, and a pair of black special occasion earrings from Charming Charlie. In total, this collection has been downsized from 16 or 18 to now 11 pairs.

My handbag collection has pretty much stayed the same in numbers, but I have bought a couple new ones to replace some older ones that I’ve had for a few years. The oldest bag that I still have in my collection is the black and white one with a brown, crossbody strap that my aunt gave to me. The newest additions to my collection is a mustard yellow bag that’s originally from Aldo, but found at TJ Maxx; the other one is a secondhand find from Goodwill (has a brownish tan color with gold hardware).

With the amount of options I have, I feel like I’ll never get bored with what I have since I can easily mix and match these with whatever outfit I put together for the day. I do feel like my style is starting to become more minimal, fuss free/comfortable and effortless as time goes on, and I'm totally okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment