6/07/2022

Personal Style Analysis for 2022 + My Shoe Collection

I know I don’t go to fancy events often, and I know that my current life situation leans more on the casual side. In saying these things however, I know that I’m still someone who likes to feel put together and look presentable- and stylish of course. 

These days, I wouldn’t say that there’s a specific niche within my style, but I know that at the core of it, I prefer to wear things that are comfortable and fuss-free. I also know that my style during one season differs from the other. During the spring/summer months, I tend to be more playful with trends (in moderation) and like to find ways to be creative with them. During the fall/winter months however, I tend to keep things casual and laid back with fewer trendy pieces. I feel like because of this juxtaposition within my wardrobe, my closet overall has become a lot more lenient, and the choices I’ve made don’t add up to what’s considered the “perfect” capsule wardrobe. Everybody’s style is different, so if there’s any word to really describe my wardrobe, I’d say it marries in a different variation of “rules” that are personal to my taste and preferences while still keeping things minimal. I don’t like having an overwhelming amount of options when it comes to clothes, and so the one minimalist rule I like to follow with my wardrobe is the “one in, one out” method. 

So since we’re talking about closets and personal style in this post, I’d say that the choices I’ve made in footwear for this year so far haven’t been too drastic or dramatic. The only pair of shoes I’ve donated so far are these chunky white sandals as they just felt out of place with the other options I have. That, plus they just felt like they were too casual for my liking considering the kinds of outfit combinations I like to wear. Keeping in mind that my color palette involves black as an anchor of sorts, I decided to add a pair of 3-inch block heels (in black) as well as some sandals in the same color that are for more casual purposes. The rest of what I own has pretty much stayed the same.


FULL LIST

4 boots:

Combat-style boots

Brown suede boots (w/ heel)

Tan/light beige ankle boots

3-inch block-heeled booties


3 sandals:

Clarks sandals w/ low heel (white)

Black strappy sandals*

Brown wedge sandals 


Coach brand loafers (from TJ Maxx)

Michael Kors heels in nude pink (TJ Maxx)

3-inch block-heeled sandals*

Tan slide-ons with white trim

Old Clarks loafers (I’ve had these since the start of high school!)

Croc sandals (for summer)

House shoes/slippers (for winter)


Note: I also own 3 pairs of sneakers that I use interchangeably for work, so when adding those into my collection, the total number of shoes I own is 17. Without them, the total adds up to 14. 


(*)- asterisk indicates new purchase


No comments:

Post a Comment