11/19/2018

Song Spotlight: Private Parts by Halestorm

For me personally, this song makes me think about that emotional and vulnerable side of the relationship. Sometimes, when you've been with someone long enough, you think that you and your partner are finally able to commit yourselves to each other on a deeper level.

Notice how the first verse makes it sound like Lzzy did something wrong, but in the second verse, James talks about not passing blame onto her for whatever feelings she was trying to express. The song overall seems to be conveying this struggle of connection between two people who are trying to stay committed to each other.

I do feel like this song resonates with me a lot in some ways. My current relationship hasn't been easy by any means, but we love each other wholeheartedly and want to stay in each other's lives regardless. However, I do realize that for some people, dating and relationships can be difficult, but what you just have to learn is that if/when you find someone who treats you right, you need to do the best you can to keep that person in your life. Another thing that I've learned personally is knowing what's most important to you and what you value most in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment