11/19/2018

My Insecurities + some self love

For the longest time, I thought I was a "toxic" person. Truth be told, maybe a couple of my habits were toxic in some sense, but I'm starting to realize that they're not as bad as I thought they were in the moment back then. The full reality here though is that social media had messed up my way of thinking and how I see myself on the inside.

I think it's safe to say now that I have a lot insecurity inside of me sometimes. Whenever I find myself getting angry or upset, I use that in ways that work against me instead of for me in a positive way. Being more positive in general hasn't always been an easy trait for me to obtain on a consistent basis. How exactly does that make it hard for me, though?

My emotions are just as normal as anyone else's, but because I have ADD, my brain has to work harder than what's normal. Whenever I find myself feeling angry, depressed or just upset, my thoughts or feelings would get worse or turn to impulsive tendencies if I don't calm myself down. So sometimes, whenever I find myself getting upset over something, I'd sometimes say things that would upset other people. Other times, it would lead to me making poor choices or taking things too far.

So in a nutshell, my insecurities are mostly based on other people's thoughts or perceptions of me. Sometime I'll forget to remind myself of my better qualities, but I try my best to do so anyways to keep myself in a positive mindset.

REMEMBER THESE AFFIRMATIONS
1. You are beautiful
2. You are kind
3. You are sweet and genuine towards other people
4. You are loved and appreciated
5. You have a big heart; those who take the time to recognize that will appreciate it the most

No comments:

Post a Comment