5/07/2019

Mindful Shopping: Trendy Clothing

Florals, stripes and animal print are the first 3 things that come to mind when I think of trends in clothing. You can find a lot of trendy clothes pretty much anywhere from the mall and department stores to thrift stores or second hand shops. However, if you’re not careful with yourself, you could end up leaving with much more than what you came in for to begin with.

I feel my style has always been a tad girly, but just like me with my life in general, my style has and continues to change as a I grow older. And while I still very much love floral printed tops or skirts, I can also appreciate more basic trends like monochrome beige or sunshine colors (bright red or yellow). The fun thing about fashion is that you get to try out different trends as they come and go, but at the same time, knowing that very thing can lead to a lot a waste in the long haul.

If there’s anything that I’ve become a big believer in, it’s list-making and managing your personal needs with that. I always like to write down whatever items come to mind that I feel are essential for my wardrobe, and once I’ve done that, I’ll gather up inspiration on Pinterest. Once I’m ready to start shopping (whether if that’s online or in person), there are 5 questions that I try to keep in mind:
Which prints or patterns do I like most on me?
Is there a specific fit or style that I’m looking for?
Is there a specific neckline I’m looking for?
Is there a specific material or fabric I’m looking for?
Can I make 3 or 4 different outfits with this one piece?

Shopping for clothes (or anything else for that matter) can be fun, but I personally find more joy in finding pieces that I will love and wear forever. If you use the guidelines I’ve provided here, then you’ll be on your way to finding a closet full of great clothes that you’ll love forever. I hope this post will inspire you in some way to build your “dream wardrobe”.

No comments:

Post a Comment