3/04/2017

The Importance of Sex & Sexuality

From a Christian point of view, I know and understand that we should all take care of our bodies and make sure that they are clean and pure. God gave us this "gift" of being able to create new life when man and woman come together "as one". And while I'm willing to admit that I'd rather wait and have sex after I'm married, who am I to judge any one Christian who sees things in a more traditional light than I do?

So yes, I'd rather wait until after marriage to have sex. I'd also would like to start a family some day with my husband, whomever he might be. But I'm still young and if I'm being honest, the thought of giving natural birth is kind of uncomfortable. Quite a few of my friends from high school have experienced pregnancy and I've become aware of what could go wrong during child birth and such.

I personally believe that it's our choice as to whether or not we want to have sex with someone. I also believe and know that there are consequences to having unprotected sex or just doing it for the sake of doing it. If you knock someone up during a one-night stand, you'll face the consequences of that sooner or later. If you sleep with somebody you don't know and have sex with them, then you'll face the consequences of that as well. There's a consequence to everything whether you realize it or not, so it's VERY important to be careful and educated on the matter.

Now when it comes to homosexuality, there are a few ways to approach this subject, and I totally get that some people are against homosexuality for whatever reason. But until you've actually met someone who is gay, you shouldn't be disrespectful or hateful. Truth be told, I have a couple friends of my own who are gay and I hold nothing against them for being that way; their sexuality is their own personal business, not mine. I don't judge and I don't make a big deal out of it because at the end of the day, the only thing I see and care most about is who that person is on the inside.

So gay or not, every human being's character should be the central focus in my honest opinion. Does this mean that I don't care about the importance of sexuality in a general sense or need to realize that every other person in this world should live up to God's standards? If I could answer that honestly without being judged, I would. Everybody has their own personal beliefs and while I do consider myself a Christian, I'm not going to take it upon myself to tell random strangers who are gay that they are sinful or will go to hell; that's God's job. I believe that God will take care of those people who have rejected him in due time. I will continue to just be kind and respectful to people because that's what this world needs the most. If I were to act in a way that's not like that, then I'd be ashamed of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment