3/04/2017

Why Do People Become Gay? + The Concept of Head Over Heart

Homosexuality is one of those topics that continues to be talked about because America and other parts of the world is divided in personal views and beliefs. We may all be living creatures who breathe the same air and have the same amount of capability of being good or bad, but that's probably as far as human similarities goes worldwide. However, the main thing that makes the topic of homosexuality so confusing in general is the argument of head over heart. If we all did what our hearts are telling us do to, we'd be on a singular path towards success and happiness, but our heads have a way of stopping us in our tracks.

Logic and reason is something that we sometimes follow in life to help make those tough decisions. What are the chances of this probable outcome happening? If I changed my mind now, would I regret it later? Should I keep my mouth shut or just risk telling the truth? We all question ourselves or whatever situation is laid out in front of us. It's no wonder why we've come to realize life isn't easy. Everything we say and do has to be carefully thought over so that we don't mess up, fail, or lose something or someone in life. And while some people may say that "playing it safe" or being careful doesn't get you anywhere, that's not always the case. So like I've said before, it's important to know the meaning of consequences.

For those people who always follow their heart, I certainly hope that they have a good sense of judgment and can know the difference between right and wrong. I may not be as rebellious as I once was as a teenager, but I've learned the hard way multiple times that things in life aren't always what they seem to be. Life is a series of choices and when you choose to follow your heart, things can get slippery very easily if you're not careful. Our hearts are the most vulnerable thing about us humans; this is something that everybody should consider and think about. If our hearts knew more than our heads, then perhaps every choice we made would guarantee a better result, but life isn't that simple.

This head over heart concept in regards to homosexuality is complex in itself; I'm sure that people who are gay can testify to that. But why do people want to be gay in the first place? Our feelings and emotions may be capable of changing, but who we are attracted to or lust over at first sight is a kind of a delicate situation. It may be okay to appreciate the body of the same gender, but once those feelings of lust and attraction take over, there's no going back- that is, not unless you realize that this act of lust and attraction is wrong. The idea of lust itself can either feel right or wrong depending on how strong you are in your morals (or if you have any morals at all). It's important to listen to not just your heart, but also your mind because like I said before, life is a series of choices. This choice that you make DOES have consequences, you can't avoid or deny that.

I do personally believe that being gay is a choice. If it isn't, then help me to understand why. I'm only going by what I know and have been taught in my life. No, I'm not gay, but I do know what it means to be rebellious or lustful and I'd rather be in relationships with the opposite gender because that's what feels right to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment