8/02/2020

Sustainable Fashion Review: Pixie Mood Crossbody Bag

Before I get into the review itself, I just want to put out there a couple things I’ve learned about the brand and how these bags are made. As you can tell by the title, this bag (which I bought new and secondhand off Poshmark), is by the brand Pixie Mood. I feel like some light has been shed on me when it comes to finding more sustainable options, because if you ever plan to buy something from a cruelty-free brand, the cost itself can become questionable in terms of sustainability and how the materials in these products impact the environment. It’s all well and good if sustainability means that the materials come from recycled products, like soda cans, water bottles or wasted textiles. There is one textile however that this bag has, and it’s polyurethane. 

Polyurethane is a material that’s used in both my Angela Roi and Pixie Mood handbags. Now I’ll admit that my research of the material is generic as I used Google, but from what I’ve learned, it’s a type of plastic. Some would say that like polyester, this material is not good for the environment (or even your health) because of its quality as opposed to genuine leather, so if you ever plan to buy a bag from an ethical brand, make sure you do your research on the bag’s materials to see if it’s worth the money or not. 

Before I ever got into sustainable fashion, I had bought bags that were either real leather, or not leather at all. Knowing the difference between cheap and high quality is important, and if your interests are only in finding something of high quality, you can either go for lesser known brands or high end, designer brands depending on your values and standards. 

So this bag in particular is something that I honestly enjoy a lot. The color is more of a yellowish brown; almost nude depending on the lighting. Just like my black Cher tote from Angela Roi, the design is very simple and minimal, which is something that I love. I also like how the color of the bag seems to go nicely with the rest of my wardrobe. One thing that I like to make sure of is that the handbags I buy are not only durable and of good quality, but also versatile so that I can get maximum wear out of it. So with all of that said, I think this purchase was definitely worth the money spent. I've been wearing this bag a lot recently and couldn't be happier with how it's holding up so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment