9/18/2023

A Poem About Anger & Bitterness

Feel the feeling in order to process and let go

Forgive not for the sake of others, but for yourself

I've heard this countless times, but how can I say no?

Love is everything, but also nothing when given to the wrong person


Envy, hate, jealousy and denial makes the flames scorch higher

If I let it all out, what would happen then?

If I keep it all in, my mind suffers

Lord, please show me how to rise up and shine brighter


Revenge is a tactic used by weak people

If you fight fire with fire, you just end up getting burned

To end the score, I'll expose what I know and walk away

The game is just getting started, and I have yet more to learn


I know that I shouldn't, but blame has already been spread

If I continue holding this in, I know I'll be walking with the dead

My dignity can be returned back to me, and Grace will show me how to heal

Until then however, I'll do what I'm told and let the rest be concealed


I should've seen the signs, but at least I know now what I didn't know then

You think you have me right where you want me

But the tables are turned now and you don't know it 

This time, I'm showing you my warning signs and you're going to regret it

No comments:

Post a Comment