9/26/2015

Gossip Girl Series Review

The drama may be exaggerated on some levels, but the way that it is presented through the characters' acting just makes it feel so real. Words cannot express how much I've enjoyed this TV show, but I can at least try to give a few great words to each character.

I feel that Penn, Taylor, and Matthew have gone to extraordinary heights in their acting to make their characters believably real just like everyone else in the cast. Every time something tragic or exciting happens, you start to feel for them. I'll admit though that I didn't always feel sorry for Dan as his character went downhill in later seasons.

Now I personally think that Jenny is one of the best characters in this show. She has struggled through a lot since the start, and every time I watch an episode with her in it, I just can't help but feel everything at once. So in retrospect to all the changes that were made in later seasons, I feel that she should have stayed as a series regular.

Rufus' parenting skills are not any more horrible than the next person. And if anybody on this show is proven to be high, mighty, and self-righteous, all signs point to him. He's always stood by what he thought was right, and you can just see for yourself how well that played out for him in later seasons. Life doesn't get easier as your grow older, though. I think that's one lesson that Rufus was forced to learn the hard way.

Blake and Kelly have this genuinely sweet nature that is not only portrayed in the characters they play, but also in themselves as human beings. I can't say that I've met them in person, but I just get this positive vibe from them as I watch them bring their characters to life on Gossip Girl. If this is how they are in real life, then I'd say that they are the definition of graceful and elegant.

Leighton, Ed, and Chace are all brilliant in their own unique ways. Watching their characters get caught up in relationship drama and schemes can either be enjoyable or insufferable, and somehow for me, I have managed to find myself in both of those cases as I continued to watch this show.

Blair's character to say the least is not all together in the head; she's always going from one extreme to the next and has rarely accepted a total defeat. I gotta admit, I admire her fierceness, but at times I just want to yell at her for not knowing when to stop. This can also be said for Chuck's character, but his father is to blame for all the bad habits that he carries. Speaking of which, why don't we just take a moment to think about The Lion King as he and Bart went into a full-on war with each other in the 9th episode of the last season? I must say, that was cleverly written and played out.

The "golden boy", aka Nate Archibald, is basically considered a king on the Upper East Side. I feel as if his family ties are more complicated than what any royal family in this lifetime has to offer. And even though his parents may not be the best role models, I genuinely like the fact that he still cares about them. I also like that he is loyal to his friends, even when he's being put under the toughest circumstances. Not once did he ever out his friends on Gossip Girl's website, and that quality alone is just amazing to see on the show. People like Nate Archibald are so hard to find these days, am I right?

Lastly, I think the some of the other best performances were given by Vanessa, Georgina, Eric and all the other secondary/recurring characters in this series, along with Gossip Girl herself. I'll admit though that I cannot stand Juliet or Ivy's characters. Maybe it's the fact that they kept lying to protect themselves and lead people on. And even though Diana might have been that way as well, at least you got to see both sides of her with no hesitation and she came to her senses in the end.

Let this be known that Gossip Girl is more than just a ritzy, hyped-up drama show that focuses on spoiled brats who only care about themselves. You really HAVE to keep watching to understand the whys and hows. But nonetheless, I'd say that this show deserves 10 stars on my account. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment