4/04/2019

My Handbag Collection

A lot of people seem to fall into either one of these two categories: the shoe lover or the handbag lover. I myself love handbags. They've always been fun for me as that's one of the easiest ways to spice up an outfit, but over the years, I have downsized from 20+ cheaply made ones to now only 13. I know this may seem like a lot still to some people, but every bag I own now is something I love and use constantly.

Cross body:
Yellow camera-style bag (Accessorize)-  For a while, I wasn't using this one and had it sitting in a box to be given away. However, I decided to take it back because not only is yellow my favorite color, but it's also a shade I've been seeing a lot of lately for spring/summer. We'll see how much it gets used this season.

Red fold over bag (The Sak)- This color has also been making a statement a lot lately for spring, but I honestly have had this bag for a quite few years now. I believe it was a birthday present from when I was in high school actually. It's one of my favorites! 

Black w/ silver studs (Steve Madden)- This is a bit more recent as I bought it three months ago from Nordstrom Rack. I'm definitely glad I made the purchase because it's the perfect size for every day- plus the strap is detachable, so I could also wear it as a clutch if I wanted to. 

Nude w/ circle-shaped statement closure (TJ Maxx)- I honestly think you can't go wrong with a nude handbag. This one was also a birthday present and it's definitely a favorite as well. 

Navy Blue- this one is something that was in my mom's collection for quite a while. Had to snag it up when she threw it into the giveaway pile, haha! 

Cream color bucket bag (Lucky Brand)- I realize that this brand is a little pricey, so I was over the moon excited when I saw this one on clearance at Dillard's. It was just sitting there and I was on the hunt for a new bucket bag anyways, so I'm glad that I picked it up. I believe the sale price was around $50, give or take.

Casual black & white fold over (Journey's)- This is probably one of the oldest bags in my collection and I still use it a lot. I believe my aunt gave it to me either for Christmas or my birthday; I can't remember exactly. Nonetheless, no matter how much I wear it, it still stays in good shape for a bag that's pretty casual. I love how it goes with a lot of things I have in my wardrobe- I've even worn it to work a few times and have gotten a couple compliments on it. 

Big Bags: 
Brown leather messenger (TJ Maxx)- With my navy tote coming at a close second, I've used this one for work quite a lot. It's very spacious on the inside, so even though I try to keep things minimal inside my purse, it's nice to have that extra space for if I need to pack more. 

Pink dome satchel (Charming Charlie)- I used to own a lot of handbags from Charming Charlie, but since downsizing my collection, I now only own this one and it's another one of my favorites (pink has always been my favorite color). 

Navy blue tote (TJ Maxx)- If there's any "rule" that I'd say every woman needs to follow, it would be to have a good sized tote bag in their collection. I used to always carry cross body bags to work, but now, I've come to see the practicality of taking a tote to work instead. It's easy to just toss it onto your arm or shoulder, plus it carries everything you need. Just make sure you don't over stuff it or it'll become too heavy, haha! 

Evening bags:
Pink w/ gold (Francesca's)- I'll admit that this one was kind of an impulse buy. When I saw it in the store, I immediately felt drawn to the color. I also really love the gold detailing and the overall shine the pink color gives off. It's definitely a nice statement to add to an outfit that's either basic and simple, or with an outfit that's similar in color. I personally love the bag best with this floral, cold shoulder dress (w/ black and pink) I bought at Francesca's as well. 

Tan wristlet cross body- This one was a Christmas present from my sister and while I have yet to use it as an evening bag, I do love how versatile it is. I've used it a couple times when taking walks down to CVS or Whole Foods; it makes keeping the essentials together a lot easier since the bag has a few card slots built into it. 

*I also have a black and cream color shoulder bag (from American Eagle) that I use in the summer. It's come in handy for whenever I take vacations to the beach or just to use by the pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment