3/03/2020

My Minimalist Makeup Collection (2020 edition)

When I first shared my makeup collection last year, I was in that mindset of wanting to try new things and challenging myself. So while I do still find it beneficial to step out of my comfort zone every once in a while, I feel like I kind of went a little overboard with that habit, and return, I’ve realized that I’d rather just stay true to me and not get carried away.

So for the most part, I don’t wear makeup and that hasn’t changed. On the daily, I’ll only wear chap stick and maybe fill in my eyebrows on occasion, but that’s about it. If I feel like adding in a little more color however, I’ll be turning to my Anastasia blush trio and maybe add a little eye shadow. I would also apply some powder beforehand to even out my complexion.

My face in general has become a little more sensitive over time, so because of that, I now only own a tinted moisturizer from First Aid Beauty. I bought it at Sephora, and surprisingly, I love how it felt on my skin when I first tested it out. It’s not cakey like other foundations, so I think this will be a good alternative during the summer months.

My lip gloss collection continues to stay minimal as I only have four options, but what I did add was a compact mirror, a roller ball perfume and a new set of EcoTools brushes. The ones I had before were from Amazon, and while I did get good use out of them, I knew they wouldn’t last forever (plus I wasn’t using most of what came in the kit).

So overall, I feel like I’m finally in a good place with my collection. I don’t have too much, but I have enough for me and what suits my own lifestyle. I’m not sure why others feel the need to have more, but that’s fine with me because I’m just doing what works for me. I enjoy letting my skin breathe, even if my face is red some days or if I get a dry spot on my cheek. Those imperfections are what makes me who I am and I’m okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment