4/23/2020

Books I've Read During Quarantine

Reading is something that I do enjoy, but in the past, I’ve always told myself that the only way I can read is if I’m on vacation. This belief has always kept me away from reading during the work week, but with the current state the world is in, I realize now just how silly it was to tell myself that belief. The reality here is that if I say I don’t want to before or after work, then I won’t. There’s always time for reading or learning, but if you won’t make time for it, then it simply won’t happen.

This list of books is a mix of fiction and non-fiction, and if I’m being honest, I’m having more fun with non-fiction books now than I ever did in the past (all I ever read is fiction growing up). I hope you’ll consider these books, because I know I highly enjoyed them.


1. See Me by Nicholas Sparks- This is the last book from Sparks that I’ve kept in my collection. I used to have a dozen books by him, but they’ve all been donated now. I think the reason for that is because I’m ready to be more open-minded, and to find other books that aren’t just fun, but are also inspiring to me and for my creativity. Nonetheless, this book definitely provided a good escape as it goes from a sweet romance to a thrilling experience.

2. Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. Weiss- I’m not going to go into too much detail with this one as I’ll be posting a separate review of it, but this book really kept my attention from start to finish. It’s fascinating how the mind works sometimes, and whether if you believe in past-life therapy or now, Dr. Brian’s telling of this true story is definitely something that’ll leave an impact on you.

3. Don’t Keep Your Day Job- This is more of a current read that I just got started on, but from what I’ve listened to so far (I decided to pick up the audiobook version instead of a hard copy), I can definitely say that the insights that author has leaves an impact. The author (Cathy Heller) has a podcast on Spotify, titled the same as this book, so naturally, I decided to follow that for more stories/inspiration once I’m finished with the audiobook. 

4. Attack On Titan (manga)- For some anime series, there’s a manga that goes alongside that. This means that the books aren’t made traditionally, and instead of having to keep up with a thousand printed words, you’re having to keep up with a thousand pictures or illustrations like you would a comic book. I must admit that because the manga (and the anime) are heavily driven by action as well as dialogue, I can only read so much before getting dizzy with all the information that’s being shown/told. Nonetheless, if you’re into anime or are looking for something less traditional, I’d recommend some other manga series if not this one in particular.


No comments:

Post a Comment