5/24/2020

Essential Spring/Summer Bags + Review

So because I live in the south, summer isn’t really my favorite season when it comes to the weather, but when it comes to fashion and style, I’m all for it! I personally think the best trends come out in the spring and summer, but for this post in particular, I’ll be talking about the different kinds of bags that I find are essential.

One of the biggest trends I noticed from last summer is the straw bag, and I honestly really love that trend! I myself have a round straw tote that I bought from Amazon, and a few weeks ago, I was given a smaller, basket-style cross body as an early birthday present from my mom. I personally think this trend of straw or basket bags is timeless, and because of that, I know I’ll get good use out of both of the bags I have in this style. I’d say that the smaller one is perfect for a day out around town, a casual walk around the beach or even to a cozy dinner out. Of course, the big round one I have makes for the perfect little beach bag as you can throw in a magazine or two, some sunscreen and your other outdoor essentials.

Another bag that I personally love for the spring/summer months is a bucket bag, especially if the style is more slouchy as opposed to one that’s more structured. I have one that was bought at the mall, and it was on really good sale at the time considering its brand name (Lucky Brand). I’ve gotten a lot of wear out of it in previous years, and because of the off white/cream color, I know that it goes with a lot of what I have in my wardrobe.

Now I know that statement bags can be fun to play with in any season, but for the spring months especially, I think it’s nice to have a color that’s either different or unique to your personal style. I have one yellow clutch, and while I know that yellow was a very trendy color last year, I feel like that color looks just as good on a clutch as it would a cross body or top handle bag. I also have a light, earthy green shoulder bag that I find would be perfect for special occasions, whether it's for a family party or dinner out with your partner.

So out of all the bags I have for the spring/summer season, I’m most excited and happy with the small, basket cross body I have. Of course, I don’t really have anywhere to attend right now where I can actually use it, but every time I see it displayed on the rack of my bedroom door, it just reminds me of the summer season in general, which usually makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment