11/26/2020

Brand Review: Aerie & American Eagle

I want to let you in a secret: my loungewear, unlike the rest of my wardrobe, is mostly from Aerie or American Eagle. Keep in mind that while I realize I could buy these brands second hand as I know that’s more sustainable, I find that it’s just more convenient for me to buy them straight from the outlet or website. If you can’t afford to do that however, then that’s okay. 


So with this being said, I’ll be outlining everything that I own from these two brands. Recently, Aerie came out with their own activewear line (called OFFLINE by Aerie), so the first and only piece I bought was a sports bra. The one I have is in a bright red color, but there are a lot of other color options you can choose from. When I tried it on in stores, I was pretty surprised by how well it fit while still feeling comfortable. I typically like to wear sports bras or bralettes when I’m lounging around the house, but I’d imagine that they’re also good for your typical exercise routines. 


My body type is a bit on the short side with my hips being a little big, so with the Aerie leggings (the style name is Chill. Play. Move.), I really like how they easily cling onto my body without any trouble or discomfort. I own four different pairs of leggings, each in different colors (I have 1 in navy, red, brown and green). 


American Eagle seems to cater more towards people with slim figures (that, plus a lot of their items seem to be cropped or distressed in different places), and because of that, I don’t buy things from them often whenever I visit their store. However, one thing that I can appreciate is that they always have great quality sweaters. I own 2 cardigan sweaters (one in rusty orange and another in a cream color) and a black pullover. The oldest top that I own from them is a long sleeve, maroon checkered shirt with pockets. The material is very warm which is perfect for the winter season! 


I feel like you can’t go wrong with an oversized t-shirt- it’s comfortable and coves up your butt if you decide to wear leggings out in public. I currently own two t-shirts, one of which is green with a leopard print, and the other one being in a classic brown. I hope to buy a couple more of these as they’re the easiest thing to wear when you’re staying home or just running errands.


To end this post, I want to know what your favorite lounge-wear look is. Do you enjoy leggings as much as I do, or do you prefer sweatpants? Do you have a favorite sweater that you wear every fall season? Let me know as I’d love to start a conversation about this!


No comments:

Post a Comment