2/02/2021

Fashion Post: ThredUP review & collective haul

This year for me has honestly been nice so far. I’ve been on a break from writing and creating Instagram content since the start of the New Year, but for today, I want to get back into things and write about ThredUP, and the pieces of clothing I’ve added in the past 3 or 4 months.

A lot of what I buy from ThredUP is for my main, everyday wardrobe. I like to wear clothes that feel put together and comfortable, but also stylish and functional for my personal lifestyle. That being said, I’m just going to list everything I’ve bought and then give my thoughts on the online thrift store at the end of this post.

List of clothes:

Striped long sleeve tee

2 black sweaters- one has a tunic style flair at the waistline, and the other is just a very basic long sleeve sweater (for lounging)

Rose/brown colored top w/ lace detail on the back

Navy blue & brown checkered shirt (button-up style)

Orange long sleeve tunic

Navy blue and tan sweater (for lounging)

Black blazer-style overcoat

Plaid poncho

 
ThredUP is an online consignment store, and the majority of the things that get sold are women’s, men’s and children’s clothing (they also have a good collection of accessories and handbags). I think there are more women than men who would buy a shirt or pair of pants from this website to my knowledge at least, but what I love most about the site is that there are a ton of filters you can go through if you know you’re looking for something specific. Say that you’re looking for a dress for a dinner or lunch out, and it needs to be in a certain print or pattern (like something floral or leopard print). You can then use the search bar, and while there are tons of different brands that sell a lot of dresses for women, you can then filter your search based on print, color, occasion, style, etc. I’ve always found such great clothing that suits my personal style because of these filters and knowing exactly what it is I’m looking for.

This website has a couple different features, and one of these extra features is what they call a “Goody Box”. I tried this out a while back in 2020, and what the ThredUP team does is put together a box of items that you can either pick out yourself, or you can choose one of their pre-made boxes that are based on a specific style type, like “boho” or “comfy casual”. I chose the option of mixing and matching up my own box of clothing items- and this is how I ended up with the list of clothing I laid out in the middle of this post. You can obviously opt to just shop at your own time and browse through big collections, but I thought it’d be interesting to see how well the ThredUP team would do as far as nailing my own personal style and finding pieces that I’d like, but wouldn’t otherwise find if I had just browsed through the endless amount of pages of clothing. There’s honestly so much out there, and while it can be fun to browse an online store on your own time as opposed to making time to go out and shop somewhere physically, there’s always new things being listed every day. The website’s concept is very similar to what you’d expect to see in a physical thrift store as there is always new product coming out every day; the only difference is that you don’t have to go anywhere to get clothes- it all just exists online.

So overall, I find that ThredUP is definitely one of my favorite online consignment shops. It’s fun, there are always new things being listed every day, and while I occasionally still like to go to thrift stores in person, I just find it more convenient to shop from the comfort of your own home. I’ve found so many great pieces for my wardrobe from ThredUP, and because of that, I’d say it’s worth checking out. I hope this post can help if you want to bring something new into your life, or if you’re just looking for more online thrifting options. I appreciate you taking the time to read this post! Feel free to start a conversation about your favorite thrift finds on my Instagram or Twitter (“amyli_27” is my IG username, and “amyli027” is my Twitter username).

No comments:

Post a Comment