3/23/2022

An Update On My Handbag Collection + My Everyday Essentials

No doubt about it, this has been a favorite accessory of mine for as long as I can remember since getting into fashion. However, I have noticed that as I have experimented with my style over the years, my preferences have changed and I'm happy with where my collection is at. I’d be lying if I were to say that I don't care about the quality, construction or function of a certain bag, because I do. In addition, I would say that I care more about how each piece serves me and my personal style, but at the same time, I'm also willing to admit that there are certain designer brands that I really love as they hit all the bullet points of what I typically look for. With all of that said, let’s get into the list of handbags.

2 bags from ThredUP:

Large, multi-colored tote bag

Clutch with multi-colored embellishments


5 bags from Poshmark

Small cognac cross-body (Dooney & Bourke)

Large black and brown messenger cross-body w/ adjustable strap (Fossil)

Red mini satchel (Michael Kors)

Nude/pink satchel w/ silver hardware (Kate Spade)

To be added soon- Light pink cross-body w/ gold hardware (Tory Burch) 


Other handbags in my collection include:

Brown bucket-style shoulder bag (Kate Spade; Christmas gift from my mom)

Large Michael Kors satchel in black (purchased from Mercari)

Black Nautica fanny pack (from Mercari)

Mini backpack w/ multi-functional straps (from TJ Maxx)


I feel like I’ve come to accept that when it comes to this one interest I have, I cannot hold myself to a minimalist’s standards when it comes to either the size of my collection, or when it comes to what I consider to be essential in my everyday carry. I enjoy switching out my bags as they’re like the icing on the cake; it just completes the outfit for me personally. Granted, the things I deem essential or can’t leave the house without do change sometimes based on where I’m going or what I’m doing on certain days of the week. Here’s a bit of an outline to give you an idea of what I like to carry inside my purse:

1. Keys

2. Wallet

3. Chap-stick

4. Hand cream

5. Hand sanitizer

6. Tissues

7. Mints 

8. Hair brush

9. Hair tie/scrunchie

10. Sunglasses

On a typical work day, I like to keep my Samsung buds with me so that I can use them during my lunch break. I also find it handy to keep a small cloth for cleaning my phone or prescription glasses if they get dirty or smudged up. Some other small products I like keeping on hand just in case are a mini perfume, extra feminine products and a travel-sized bottle of poo-pourri (we all know how gross public restrooms can be sometimes). 

If you are not following me on Instagram as this post will come with pictures, my new username is @amyh029. Thanks for stopping by to read this post, and have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment