5/18/2017

My Top 10 Favorite Bands & Artists

1. Adam Lambert- It's funny for me to say that I've follow a celebrity since the very beginning, but I can say that that is the very case with Adam. From his audition on American Idol all the way up to now, I am proud to be one of his fans. His talent is something that is just immeasurable, and I hope to witness it live some day!

2. Daughtry- Yet another former member of American Idol, Chris Daughtry and his band in my opinion makes some of the best rock-infused music. Now I'll admit that I only fully own 2 of their albums (Baptized and Break the Spell), but those two albums alone have a lot of great songs that I honestly find to be very memorable.

3. Rascal Flatts- I honestly can't say enough good things about Gary Levox's voice! No matter how old he gets, his talent will never fade. But putting all praise aside, I believe that RF makes the best country music that is just timeless and classic. There are just too many greats hits to list here, but some of my favorites are Rewind, Riot, Life Is A Highway, Take Me There, Changed, Banjo and My Wish. 

4. Paramore- Fun fact: Hayley Williams' mother was my teacher for half the year in the 6th grade! I can still remember when I went to Paramore's contract-signing concert back then as well as when Hayley came into my classroom to play a couple songs for us once. It's amazing how far this band has come along since then!

5. David Archuleta- I actually discovered David a few months after his time on American Idol, but since then, I've become a big fan of his music and talent! His journey as a recording artist is something that I find to be very inspiring, and if you're a long time fan, then you'll understand why. But nonetheless, I'm glad that David is starting to make music again after his 2-year hiatus.

6. Kelsea Ballerini- It's kind of funny and awesome whenever you have a personal connection to a singer, isn't it? I'm happy for Kelsea and while I didn't know her all that well in high school (we were in the same graduating class), I wish her nothing but success in her career for many years to come!

7. Lady Antebellum- No one does country duets better than Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott in my opinion. Their voices just complement each other so well, and Dave Haywood's instrumental skills just adds a nice, finishing touch. And of course, I have to give props to the songwriters for making such great songs for Lady A to sing/perform! Some of them are very relatable, others are very sweet and romantic, and others are just fun to jam out and sing along to!

8. Taylor Swift- Who here remembers when Taylor was releasing sweet, romantic country songs back in Nashville? I do, and those early days still leave behind a bittersweet memory. And don't get me wrong, I like the new direction she took with her music, but those old days will always hold a special place in my heart. Obviously Taylor has become a massive success worldwide and I'm happy for her in that regard, so I can't complain too much. I'm just hoping that she'll eventually make at least one country album like she used to.

9. Big Time Rush- This pop boy-band was originally made for TV, but what makes this one stand out from the rest is that they are talented in more ways than one! Of course, probably every teenager can justify that excuse for her favorite boy band, but for me, BTR is just better than every other boy band I once loved as a teen. Their music was- and still is- fun, catchy, meaningful and easy to sing along and dance to!

10. MercyMe- Out of all the Christian artists/bands I've listened to, MercyMe takes the cake for me personally. What I like about this band is how they infuse different genres with their music. They don't stick to just one particular style and still manage to sound iconic, and not to mention how amazing Bart Millard's vocal range is! His talent is just as impressive as Gary Levox's is if I'm being honest, and that's saying a lot :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment