8/19/2018

The Business Side of YouTube

As a committed viewer on YouTube, I'm starting see just what's becoming of the system now whenever content creators put out new videos either every day, every week or just monthly. Some people will either just try too hard to be transparent and honest while others don't even have to put forth the effort; they're just already like that. So whether if one's career on YouTube is gaming, music, beauty, fashion/lifestyle, etc..., I just feel like YouTube these days is forcing more obligations on those who work with the company full-time, while others are struggling to find a balance between their real self and the image they project on camera.

One has to be understanding of those who advertise new products on their channel because that's part of their job. Those who are part of the beauty and fashion/lifestyle community are always being sent new stuff to try out and while I myself don't make any content on my channel, I have found myself being caught in that trap where I'd consider buying the products that certain channels recommend because I feel like I need it when I just don't.

Those who are full-time YouTube musicians aren't exactly given any lenience either when it comes to keeping a steady income, but luckily for me, I don't really have any problems with helping to support them because I love listening to music and supporting any artist I follow. If anything though, the only problem I have with YouTube artists is when they stray away from their original sound or become too invested in trying out new things as far as their content is concerned. Now don't get me wrong here, I do understand that not every musician is going to keep their content the same, but I guess I just get nostalgic sometimes and that can hold me back a lot.

So I guess when it comes down to it, I just need a reminder every now and then that this or that person I'm following is the same deep down. When people on YouTube change, that can sometimes turn me off, and maybe those who make the content understand that. For those who are struggling though to keep one clear image, the best advice I have for you is to just continue being your real self as best as you can. Some viewers (including myself) appreciate honesty more and will stick around regardless of what happens in your career.

No comments:

Post a Comment