12/20/2018

Animes I've Watched So Far (part 2)

An updated list on all the animes I've watched. Most of these have been recommended to me thanks to my boyfriend. :)

Hunter x Hunter 

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Violet Evergarden

My Hero Academia

Steins;Gate (and Steins;Gate 0)

Your Lie in April

The Devi's a Part-Timer! 

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Yona of the Dawn 

My Overall Thoughts

Looking at the list in full now makes me realize that I mostly prefer ones that have action, comedy and a little bit of heart/emotion. However, Violet is one of those exceptions because at the show's core, it's meant to be mostly emotional and heartfelt. Now as someone who can be unemotional at times, I can say that Violet Evergarden truly did make me cry at least once. It takes a lot for a TV show of any sort to get those waterworks out of me. 

My Hero Academia, Devil's a Part-Timer and  Hunter x Hunter are of the comedic spectrum in a lot of ways, but with MHA and HxH in particular, you can tell that its overall story-telling is fast paced at times. There's definitely a lot of variety in these shows' characters which is something that can easily get me hooked from the first episode. These are the kinds of animes you can just turn on for a little while then take a break from if you really want to. 

I've already given a brief review for Yona, Jojo and Your Lie in April in my previous anime watch list, so I'm just going to provide the link for that here for anyone who hasn't read that post:

Steins;Gate is honestly one of my all-time favorite animes that I've watched by far (along w/ MHA and FMAB). There's a lot of development in the show as the story progresses and while I don't want to give anything away, I will say that the main character- better known as Okabe Rintarou- endures the most change in a way that's just traumatic and unimaginable. Try not to be eating any bananas while you're watching this particular series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment