3/28/2019

Just Some Random Thoughts #6

Judgment is something that I, on occasion, still care too much about. That fear that someone out there will think lowly of me or just see me as a disappointment sometimes creeps into my mind. I may have a lot of pride sometimes, but don't we all get into that kind of mindset at some point in our lives? Why is it any different if this happens to us directly or to someone else we care about?

I feel like my mind holds onto too many thoughts that aren't good for me sometimes. Negativity and self-doubt seems to get to the best of us sometimes, and while I don't want to glamorize that, I do want to acknowledge that it's more normal than what we tend to believe in our own heads. A lot of people do suffer from more destructive, dark thought patterns no matter what age you're at.

Depression, anxiety and other mental illnesses should not be something that's lightly dealt with; I think we all should know this by now. And with social media being a widespread epidemic of sorts in young people today, I do feel that it's important for those of us who are parents to help curb that dopamine addiction before it gets worse.

Seeing where I'm at in life right now, I can say with confidence that I'm content. However, I know that life isn't any easier for me as it is for the next person. I'm doing the best I can to stay focused on my goals and keep my overall health in check. Balancing out all of what matters to me can be difficult, but I'm doing what I can.

Note to self: Continue to take care of yourself. Most importantly, do the best you can to love yourself. The more you embrace the kind of person you truly want to be and stay consistent with your habits/routines, the better off you'll be. Never forget that feeling of good, positive energy, but at the same time, make sure you're allowing yourself enough room to learn and grow from your mistakes. You can't be perfect all the time, and it's okay to show other emotions besides happiness. Don't let anyone or anything else convince you otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment