4/17/2019

Brand Loyalty & How It Ties Into Minimalism

When it comes to different fashion brands, no matter how high end, expensive or inexpensive they are, I personally think that there's a lot to consider. Supporting a brand by any means is not a bad thing generally speaking, but I do believe that brand loyalty can either make or break your wallet if you're not careful with how much time you spend shopping for it.

I'll admit that as I get older, the less I start to care about following certain clothing brands or companies. I just want to wear clothes that are comfortable and make me feel good, and I think this is a good piece of advice that everyone should consider.

So in all of my experiences personally, I've learned that shopping for discounted or on sale items is the best way to go, and that goes for any brand or retail store that you shop at. However, shopping on those occasions can also be quite tempting/impulsive if you're not careful. If your shopping habits are anything like mine was, then sometimes it can feel like you have to have this one item because it's on sale, but it's not something you particularly need. This is where having a list and sticking to it will help you the most. If you write down everything that you need first and keep it visible, it'll help keep you on track with which purchases are most important or essential.

Brand loyalty is something I've used very loosely as half of what I was spending my money on was clothing or accessories from fast fashion retailers, but seeing where I'm at now, I feel like I'm finally learning how to find items of better value. And even if you're someone who's more into higher quality brands like Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors or even more sustainable ones like Angela Roi or Everlane, I do believe that it's fine to invest and spend as long as you're getting good value out of it. Now when you apply minimalism to the concept of fashion (or anything else really), it shouldn't be focused on deprivation or competition. Do what works for you, keep what you love and toss out what doesn't add value to your life. Those are the three main things that have really resonated with me in my experiences, so I hope these insights can help you in some way as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment