5/15/2019

Insight Post: Ethical/Sustainable Fashion Brands vs. High-End Designer Brands

With fashion becoming more diverse these days, I feel like there’s a lot of different approaches that one can take when it comes to this topic in general. From my perspective however, I feel like slow fashion is the better route considering its impact on the environment.

I feel as if sustainable fashion companies aren’t widely known of as of right now, but I’m glad that the effort is being made at least in some places. I think it’d be great to be able to support those companies somewhere down the line because unlike other brands, you’ll get full transparency when it comes where their goods are being made and what kinds of materials are being put into their garments.

The only designer items that I honestly own are a Coach wristlet and a Steve Madden purse. I personally have never been one to follow more high end brands as I prefer function over style with a median price point, but in knowing this, I wouldn’t say that I’d stay away from designer items all together. I do think it’d be nice to one day own a handbag from Angela Roi or Matt & Nat, and on the other end of the spectrum, I’ve always admired the Celine tote bags or Chloe bags with the chain detailing.

So with all of this being said, I do feel like investing in good quality items is worth it in the long run as long as you know what it is you’re looking for. I feel as if it’s easy for some of us women to get swept up in brand loyalty for a number of reasons, but because of where I’m at now with my spending habits, I don’t think it’d be wise for me at least to keep shopping and spending just for the sake of it. I’d rather just keep my collection minimal with pieces that I know I’ll use and love for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment