6/07/2020

Ethical Fashion Review: Divinius (White T-shirt)

So before I bought this t-shirt, I had a similar one that I bought secondhand. I got a lot of wear out of it, but because the shirt was originally from a Target brand, I knew it wouldn’t last forever. Searching through ethical brands isn’t something I do regularly, but I knew that for something this basic, I wanted it to be of better quality and soft on my skin.

I heard about Divinius through a YouTuber named Sarah Therese earlier in the year, plus I remember Ashlynne Eaton doing a sponsored video with Divinius quite some time ago. I personally think that ethical fashion only works if you save up your money and choose wisely, or if your job allows you to have these items gifted or sent to you for free (which is the case for most online creators). With that being said, I think seeing Ashlynne and Sarah’s reviews were helpful before I purchased this t-shirt along with doing research of their store.

The goal that Divinius has is to be transparent in their sustainability practices, only using materials that they’ve sourced themselves. They also believe in helping women and girls around the world to have a better life while practicing social justice, health, education and careers (source: https://divinius.com/pages/our-mission). I personally think it’s great that we’re seeing more brands and companies leaving this kind of impact on humanity, and if you want to know more about their mission, then you can check out their website as linked in this paragraph.

The t-shirt I bought is probably the lightest I’ve ever worn as the material is not too thick. Of course, a simple white tee is a staple in every woman’s wardrobe as it can be dressed up or down in a number of ways. The one I bought was around $40, and I love how it makes me feel every time I wear it.

Now don’t get me wrong here; I still believe that shopping for high quality clothing doesn’t have to be expensive, but if you can afford it and want to support a good cause, go for it. If not, then you can always check out your local thrift stores or vintage shops. This t-shirt just happened to be something I needed, and I’m very happy with my purchase. I hope that seeing my review will be helpful to you if you’ve been on the fence for a while, or if you’re struggling to find great quality basics for your wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment