7/05/2020

Podcasts That I Follow

I’m honestly a bit picky when it comes to podcasts, because I prefer ones that not only are within my interests (I gain the most value from things like inspiring life stories, to sustainability, fashion and wellness), but are also given in an interview-based format. In addition to learning something new from these shows, I also find them to be slightly entertaining. Some of these podcast shows are old as I no longer follow them(*), but I thought I’d keep them on the list anyways since they did have an impact on me in the beginning of my journey. 

*The Ground Up Show (Matt D’avella)- This is the first podcast I’ve ever followed, and one thing I enjoyed about this podcast is that the people that Matt interviews are not limited to just men or women. His interviewing style is very relaxed where the focus is primarily on the person being interviewed, and every now and then, you still get to hear his thoughts or insights which is nice. 

Break the Twitch Podcast (Anthony Ongaro)- Similar to how The Ground Up Show is, Anthony’s podcast highlights the success stories of those who have made a name for themselves. If I had to pick out one tiny difference since every story told is unique in both shows, it would be the tone, and this can be easily picked up on in each podcast’s earlier episodes. 

Wardrobe Crisis- Listening to this podcast is very fun and light-hearted, but it can also be informative as you get to hear how different people in the fashion industry are making a more meaningful impact on the earth we live on. Some of the people interviewed do live here in the states, but others may live in a different country, so the roles that they play in sustainable/slow fashion differ based on what their customs are. 

Stress Free Naturally (with Ashlie Pappas)- I like to use this podcast whenever I’m feeling stressed, anxious or just can’t get to sleep, and it’s honestly helped me a lot. I love how each session/episode isn’t too long and really focuses on relaxing your full body, from head to toe. It’s like giving yourself a full mental/emotional reset, and once the session is over, you feel like you’ve just come back from a relaxing vacation. 

*Don’t Keep Your Day Job (Cathy Heller)- I haven’t listened to too many episodes from this podcast yet, but one thing I have noticed in these episodes is that the introduction is a little long. I had subscribed to this podcast because I was listening to the audiobook of the same name, and while I didn’t finish it as I didn’t get full value out of it, I did find it to be inspiring in some ways. There’s just something empowering about listening to other people’s success stories, and so for that, I’d give this one 4 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment