8/30/2020

Ways to Get More Exercise

 Getting exercise in my opinion doesn’t have to equal getting a gym membership or just spending money in general. Now of course, if you find that approach to be more helpful, then you do you. For me personally however, I’ve found that there’s more flexibility and variety in doing my workouts at home. 


So of course, I’ve been doing yoga for about two years now, and I’ve found it to be a great form of relaxation. This form of activity has a vast amount of options when it comes to improving your health;  if you want to tone your muscles or lose fat, there’s a sequence for that. There’s also a sequence for if you want to improve your stamina, balance or levels of stress/fatigue. Now of course, the benefits of yoga are very much linked to our emotional/mental health, so this is just one option for if you want to start with something simple and light in cardiovascular activity. 


I think it’s obvious that going to a gym is another option. I’m not an expert at all when it comes to the different weights, dumbbells and other body building machines, so if you want to know more details about that topic, I’d suggest finding a blog or YouTube video series that has that specific focus in mind. 


Some of the more basic ideas I know of for exercise are jumping jacks, sit-ups, push-ups, leg lifts, walking, running/jogging or even swimming. These can be done by just about anybody, and if you’re someone who wants to be healthier but doesn’t know where to start, I’d recommend using these tactics to start out with. 


If you’re someone who loves attending events that involve dancing, then this can definitely work to your advantage when getting in some exercise. Dance is universal in all parts of the world, but of course, you don’t need to attend any elaborate classes for certain dances if you don’t want to or can’t afford to do so. All that’s needed realistically is music, some comfortable workout clothes and a bottle of water. 


So as you can see, there’s a lot more to exercise than you might actually think. You just have to find which option works the best for you, and to start small with your habits. And while I’m no health expert here, I do believe that it’s crucial for us to get more movement into our daily routines, whether that's once a day or twice a week. As always, I hope this post is helpful to you in some way. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment