6/22/2019

Album Review: Into The Wild Life by Halestorm

I feel like this album overall is filled with a little bit of everything when it comes to the rock ‘n roll scenes- you can especially hear earlier rock influences in songs like Gonna Get Mine for example. Some songs are more catchy to dance or sing along to, and others have a more personal meaning. Dear Daughter in particular is one of my favorites as it portrays a very real message that I feel is relatable/personable to women and men alike. Other songs like New Modern Love, I Am the Fire and Amen provide good anthems for empowerment and strength within ourselves as well as with relationships.

I’ve been into Halestorm’s music for about a year now; the first song that I heard by them is Mz. Hyde from their album “A Strange Case Of…”. Be it, some of their music does contain mature lyrics and cursing, so if you’re not into that for whatever reason, then it might be best that you stay away- especially with this album in particular.

So truth be told, this album and their sophomore album are what resonated with me the most during my times of struggle with low self-esteem and depression. Navigating through my early 20’s wasn’t easy, so because of Halestorm as well as Linkin Park, I’ve learned to become more strong and confident in myself. I’ve learned to let go of a lot of negative feelings, emotions and habits that were draining me, but I know I still have a few things that I can improve on in my life currently. Like I’ve said in a previous blog post, I do feel like Halestorm is one of very few female-based acts in music that I can actually connect with. For me, it’s Lzzy’s voice paired with the heavy guitars and memorable lyrics is what makes this band so amazing. So if you're reading this Lzzy, thank you for all that you've done with the music you've been creating. In some ways, I feel like you're the older sister that I needed in my life when I was at my lowest points in life. I know now that I'm not alone, but just knowing that you are through your music has comforted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment