8/16/2019

My Shoe Collection

When it comes to footwear, I typically like to keep things simple, basic and comfortable. In fact, I'd say I value comfort now much more than I ever did as someone in my early 20's. I used to have three or four pairs of heels in my collection, but nowadays, I only have two. The first is just a pair of simple, black heels. The second is these nude, wedge-heeled sandals with laces. They're both great for more dressed-up occasions, but knowing my lifestyle and how it's pretty casual, I don't turn to them as often. 

Most of what I wear in the spring and summer is sandals (and sometimes in the fall as well), so because of that, I have six pairs of those total (plus two other options that are more of a statement). I also have one pair of loafers that I've had for several years actually. The weather here in Tennessee can be a bit unpredictable at times, so I'm glad I have those loafers for if I want something a little warmer without revealing too much of my feet. 

So because of the kind of job I have, I own two pairs of sneakers. The ones I get the most wear out of are these old, Nike sneakers with pink trim and swoosh. More recently however, I bought myself a new pair of black sneakers (also the Nike brand). They're both very comfortable and easy to walk around in as well as just to stand up in (and I do a lot of standing at my job). The third pair of sneakers I have are blue converse ones; I mainly use them for travel or running errands. 

I personally think you can't go wrong with having a couple slip-on options when it comes to shoes. I have one pair of slip on sneakers which are great for if I just need to grab the mail or bring something in from the outside freezer. I also have one pair of slide-on mules that I love as they go with a lot of what's in my summer/spring capsule. The last pair I have are these Croc-style sandals which are perfect to wear by the pool or beach. 

The last category which is the most minimal in my collection is boots. I have one pair of winter boots for if the roads or sidewalks get snowy or icy, but that seems to be rare here these days where I live. However, I'd say the one pair that I get most wear out of my is black Chelsea boots from H&M. You really can't go wrong with a pair of black boots, so I'm happy that I found those a few years back. The other pair of boots I have is in brown suede. I have worn these a few times since buying them last year, but I especially like to wear them for dressier events in the fall or winter time.

I do hope that this outline of what I have helps you to determine what can fit into your lifestyle. I don't really consider myself a shoe person as I mainly use them for practical reasons, but I do have a couple more stylish options thrown in there. And just like I did for my last collection post with handbags, the visuals for this will be on my Instagram. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment