12/11/2019

Anime Review: Carole & Tuesday

This anime is honestly special. It's not like other anime out there that are produced in Japan, and while the dialogue is spoken in Japanese, the music is sung in English. Carole & Tuesday is original to Netflix, and I honestly can't say enough good things about the music.

I'd say that Carole & Tuesday is considered a "slice of life" show, but at the same time, there is a story line that tries to connect all the different events that happen within the anime. With the anime being called Carole & Tuesday, it focuses on Carole- a young girl who lives on modern-day Mars and is trying to become a successful musician. It also focuses on Tuesday, who runs away from her lavish home to pursue her love for music. When these two girls meet, their dreams finally seem within reach.

If it weren't for the music, I'd say that this anime would probably have been gone from Netflix before it was even finished. All of the vocalists who lent their hand for the soundtrack and anime are very talented, and while not all of the songs are to my personal taste, there are still a lot that stand out to me personally. Some of my favorites are Light A Fire, The Loneliest Girl, Lay It All On Me, Mother, Army of Two, Polly Jean and Kiss Me.

For those of you who finished Carole & Tuesday on some other streaming site, you'll have the upper hand of knowing the context behind the song Mother, but since the last batch of episodes haven't hit Netflix yet, (part 2's release date is on December 24 of this year) I'd say listen at your own risk.

So overall, I'd say that this anime deserves all the attention it can get. I haven't stopped listening to the music since I finished it, plus some of the characters are quite interesting (and talented of course). I can't recommend it enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment